Sometimes, no matter how often you clean or how hard you scrub, you just can’t get that *smell* out of your bathroom. Boy moms especially, you know what I’m talking about! You clean and the smell goes away for maybe a few hours and then is back! We have finally found a way to keep your toilet smelling fresh, even if you have kids who miss the bowl. It’s easy, green clean approved, and easy on your bank account. What could be better than that?
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Make a paste with some fresh squeezed lemon juice and baking soda in a bowl. You’ll want it to be thick, sort of like cake batter.
2. Make sure to wear gloves for this step! Put the paste on any areas that have spray or visible buildup. For example the seat, around the bottom of the toilet where it meets the floor, back of the toilet tank, and under the rim of the stool area. Leave the mix on there for about 15 minutes.
3. Add a ½ cup vinegar to your toilet tank. Let that sit for 15 minutes. It’s very important to not skip this step as, believe it or not, that smell can seep into the tank too!
4. While everything is setting, clean everywhere around your toilet. We mean EVERYWHERE – walls, cabinets, floors, sink, bathtub, all of it. If you have a fabric shower curtain, toss that in the wash and add a ½ cup of white vinegar to the final rinse cycle to help freshen it up.
5. When the 15 minutes is done, flush the toilet about 3-4 times to really rinse it out and add another ½ cup of vinegar to sit while you finishing scrubbing the room. If you notice any buildup on the toilet tank walls, you’ll need to scrub there too.
6. Now get your toothbrush (we LOVE using toothbrushes to clean!), dip it in some vinegar, and scrub wherever you had the lemon/baking soda paste. Scrub well and use a small amount of vinegar to pour over those areas, and wipe it down with the washcloth. If you notice some buildup along the water line in the toilet bowl, a pumice stone is perfect for helping to break that down.
7. Give the toilet another few flushes to move the water out of the tank and voila! You have a fresh-smelling bathroom that will actually last!
This will definitely help to keep your bathroom smelling fresh and without any chemicals! Let us know if this works for you!
Squeaky Green House Clean